It’s survival of the strongest in a contemporary, girl-versus-wild middle-grade debut from Fire & Flood author Victoria Scott!
Sloan is a hunter.
So she shouldn’t be afraid of anything. But ever since her mom left the family and she lost hearing in one ear in a blizzard, it’s been hard to talk to people, and near-impossible to go anywhere or do anything without her dad or big sister within eyesight — it makes her too scared to be on her own.
When they leave her home alone for what should only be two nights, she’s already panicked. Then the snow starts falling and doesn’t stop. One of her neighbors is hurt in an accident. And the few people still left in Rusic need to make it to the river and the boat that’s tied there — their only way to get to a doctor from their isolated Alaska town.
But the woods are icy cold, and the wolves are hungry. Sloan and her group are running out of food, out of energy, and out of time. That’s when the wolves start hunting them . . .
Latest posts by Regina (see all)
- Blog Tour: The Librarian by Christy Sloat Review + GIVEAWAY!!! - June 15, 2017
- What the Librarian Did by Karina Bliss: Book Review + ASMR Librarian Role Play - June 2, 2017
- The Gentleman by Forrest Leo - May 18, 2017
- Blog Tour: The Takedown by Corrie Wang + GIVEAWAY!!! - April 19, 2017
- BLOG TOUR+GIVEAWAY: Hear the Wolves by Victoria Scott - March 23, 2017