Wes Silver wasn’t looking for love, but when July Mayson literally knocks him on his ass during their first encounter, his world is turned upside down by the quirky blonde, and every moment with her makes him more determined to protect her.
July Mayson doesn’t understand the pull she feels toward the bad boy biker Wes Silver, but she knows being with him is like nothing she’s ever felt before. Now all she has to do is tell her overprotective father, Asher Mayson, that she’s found her boom.
I don’t even know where I want to start with this… This isn’t a typical review or anything. It’s more of me going on about what didn’t make sense in the story… So I have to warn you that it has spoilers..so don’t read on if you haven’t read the book and you do not want to be spoiled.
I just had a conversation with my mother over this book. She was smart and re-read the Until series before starting this book. I started talking to her about Until July going on about how I thought that it was missing a bunch of details. At least, that’s what I think. She told me that she found that Until July was a lot more well written and edited compared to the Until series.
There were a few things that bothered me about this story and I’m about to list them off in no particular order.
1. When writing a spin off series about the offspring of couples you’ve already written about. You should not make pop culture references. I’m assuming, due to the use of cell phones (with pictures) in Until November that November and Asher’s story takes place in this century. Fast forward 26 years and July has her own book and she’s “seeing” Fifty Shades of Grey in the Fall (September-ish). Do children in bookish words age 20+ years in a matter of 5 minutes like they do in the Soap Operas? O_o
2. WHAT THE HELL DOES JAX HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? There was like NO DETAILS as to what the hell he does for a living. All we know is that he sticks is nose into illegal goings-ons and he apparently does not work for any of the authorities. Unless he does and no one knows? I don’t know. All I know is that he’s asking Wes for help trying to intercept some girls that have been taken for trafficking and getting them away from the bad people.
3. Speaking of Wes, Even HE said they don’t want to get in to anything illegal. They’re not all SAMCRO running guns and shit… They’re just a bunch of veteran bikers who own a Motorcycle Parts/Shop. Are they secretly COMMANDO bikers doing the bidding for people?
I don’t know, I think I might be a tad confused?! I know there were a few other things that irritated me about this story but I can’t think of them now… What did you like or not like about this story?’
This story was alright, I liked it enough to not DNF it. I just think it could have been a LOT better. I’ll probably still read the next one in the series when it comes out. We’ll see.
Latest posts by Erin (see all)
- Book Boyfriend Battle – Swoony 16 – Day One – VOTE NOW! - August 21, 2017
- New and Upcoming Releases for the week of August 20th, 2017 - August 20, 2017
- Book Boyfriend Battle – Second Round – Day Four - August 17, 2017
- Book Boyfriend Battle – Second Round – Day Three - August 16, 2017
- Book Boyfriend Battle – Second Round – Day Two - August 15, 2017