A modern day thrill ride, where a teen girl and her animal companion must participate in a breathtaking race to save her brother’s life—and her own.
Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can’t determine what’s wrong, her parents decide to move to the middle of nowhere for the fresh air. She’s lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she’s helpless to change anything.
Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It’s an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother’s illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there’s no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.
The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can’t trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?
Victoria Scott’s breathtaking novel grabs readers by the throat and doesn’t let go.
Are you excited about Victoria Scott’s Fire & Flood? We are! Make sure to add Fire & Flood to your Goodreads list, and check out Victoria’s blog to stay updated on giveaways and teasers. This cover looks HOT. 😉
About Victoria Scott
I’ m a teen fiction writer with a die-hard affection for dark and humorous books. My work is represented by Sara Crowe of Harvey Klinger literary agency. I have a master’ s degree in marketing, and currently live in Dallas with my husband, Ryan.
My first book series started with THE COLLECTOR, and was published by Entangled Teen in April 2013. The second book in the trilogy, THE LIBERATOR, will release August 2013. My next series kicks off with FIRE & FLOOD and is being published by Scholastic, March 2014.
Here are a few things about me you may not know:
1. I’ m deathly afraid of monkeys. No animal should look that much like a human.
2. I have a fiery passion for cotton candy. My husband once drove me to seven different stores looking for the stuff. We found it at Wal-Mart. I bought 12 bags.
3. My hair is naturally curly…and I hot iron the crap out of it. Dear Mother Nature, I do not prefer you.
4. My husband is the coolest guy in the world. I love his face. So much so that I want to punch it sometimes. Just kidding, baby. Kisses.
5. I take a glass of water with me everywhere I go. I also dump it out and refill it for no reason at least five times a day.
6. I’ m insanely allergic to cats. And I own two.
7. I like old, creepy-looking trees so much that I’ m actually house-hunting by scouting streets with the best ones.
8. Music. If it’ s not loud and angry, I don’ t want any part of it.
9. I don’ t drink coffee. “But you’ re a writer?” I know, it’ s blasphemous.
10. My favorite movie is What Dreams May Come. It stars Robin Williams, and it’ s really good. Who woulda’ thunk?
11. I was a cheerleader in high school. Like a hard-core competitive cheerleader that you see on ESPN(2).
12. It upsets me when YA books feature mean cheerleaders.
13. My favorite color is yellow. I don’ t feel like it gets near enough street-cred.
14. I can twirl a baton like nobody’ s business.
15. Movies with giant, robotic aliens scare me to my core. It could happen. I just know it.
Thanks so much for reading. If you made it all the way through my list, and still want to buy my books, I heart you so much!
– See more at: http://www.victoriascottya.com/
Latest posts by Regina (see all)
- Cover Reveal: Crave by Tracy Wolff - July 22, 2019
- Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough - June 6, 2019
- Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss by Kasie West - February 7, 2019
- ARC REVIEW + GIVEAWAY (US ONLY): Slayer (Slayer #1) by Kiersten White - December 28, 2018
- ARC REVIEW + GIVEAWAY (US ONLY): We Told Six Lies by Victoria Scott - December 28, 2018
Haha!! Love the random facts and LOVE the cover!! ((excited for you squeal))