One of my favorite books of this year was Speak Easy by Melanie Harlow. It takes place in Detroit during the height of prohibition, the 1920s. Seeing as I’m from Michigan, I like it when I read a book that is based in a place I’m familiar with. I know what it’s like in Michigan during the middle of a July heat wave. I also know where Woodward Avenue is. Though I’m sure the Woodward Ave of Today is a tad bit different looking now.. This book was like reading through an episode of Boardwalk Empire, DETROIT STYLE. I recently finished the sequel to the book, Speak Low, and I will be reviewing that book in the near future(so keep an eye out for it!). In the meantime, check out my review for Speak Easy located here and scroll down and enter to win a digital copy of Speak Easy(kindle OR ePub)!
Latest posts by Erin (see all)
- Cover Reveal: Make Me Bad by R.S. Grey - February 18, 2019
- From This Moment by Melanie Harlow - October 18, 2017
- Read the FIRST chapter of HOOKING UP by Helena Hunting! - October 4, 2017
- Cover Reveal + Giveaway: Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout - September 20, 2017
- The winning BOOK BOYFRIEND from the 2017 Book Boyfriend Battle is…. - September 8, 2017